Re: [Fwd: Another Whiz-Bang Spark Plug]

To: "Jon.the.Wise" <jon.the.wise@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Another Whiz-Bang Spark Plug]
From: Bryan Savage <b.a.savage@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 08:34:39 -0800
Jon,
There are engines in the lab that use a laser (through a quartz
window) that ignites the fuel 1,000 times better than an old
fashioned electric spark plug. They've gotten interesting results,
maybe 15-20% better than the best 2006 stuff. Significant, but
costly and impractical at this point. More DOE stuff.

The most efficient production gasoline engine was the 3 cyl,
1,000 cc engine in the Honda Insight. That was in 2004.
When you replace a plug, you should use the same part number.
There are 4 different part numbers - for gap clocking.
The plugs are very expensive but good for 105,000 miles.

How's that for some useless trivia?

Have fun everyone,
Bryan