Re: Ak Miller

To: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Subject: Re: Ak Miller
From: Doug Odom <dlodom@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 11:57:32 -0800
Tom, One of my best memories of Ak was a few years ago at Bonneville. I
had taken the rent a car and drove down to about the 4 1/2 mile early in
the morning to hear the record run cars. Now I'm all by myself when this
car comes up by me and Ak and Ray Brock get out. Ak says to me " so you
know where to go to hear the real race car sound ". Now you must
understand I was in Jr. High School when I was reading about Ak  in Hot
Rod Mag. Racing in the Pan American road race. So he was a hero of mine
for a long time. But to stand there  and listen to the cars go by, and
Ak and Ray  talking about the sound each car made. Yep, that was a good
morning.   Doug Odom in big ditch