Re: Important helmet technology: foil helmet liners (non-LSR)

To: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>, john.szalay@att.net
Subject: Re: Important helmet technology: foil helmet liners (non-LSR)
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 16:42:56 -0800 (PST)
Years ago, when I was in the Air Force, I went to Nellis Air Force Base with
part of my squadron to participate in a Red Flag exercise.  During the
pre-mission briefings, the crews were warned not to overfly the restricted area
around Groom Lake.  During the mission, I got to watch the computerized
tracking of the flying on a 3-D projection at Red Flag Ops.  Area 51 was
clearly marked on the topographic projection with a big red cube.  During one
air-to-air engagement, one of our pilots go too wreckless and clipped a big
chunk out of the cube.  All training was immediately suspended, the planes were
recalled, and the pilot of that plane, along with our mission commander and a
couple of staff officers spent a good part of the afternoon on the carpet.
After that incident, all of the other crews were quite respectful of the
boundaries of the "No Fly Zone" at area 51.

  Dick J
  In East Texas

drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com> wrote:
  John, did you go to Rachel? Did you see the little Ale-inn, visit any of
the book sellers? Did you see the famous Area 51 MAil box? All that is
along the ET highway. But you are correct, nothing can be seen of area
51 itself unless yo have your own satellite.

mayf