Re: Important helmet technology: foil helmet liners (non-LSR)

To: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>, Ed Van Scoy <ed@vetteracing.com>,
Subject: Re: Important helmet technology: foil helmet liners (non-LSR)
From: Jon Wennerberg <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 09:26:50 -0500
On Tuesday, January 3, 2006, at 05:45  PM, drmayf wrote:

> Ed Van Scoy wrote:
>
>> Well, I do have a twitch occasionally... and a goofy lopsided grin..
>> I think it all started when I took a drive up the ET highway out by
>> area 51..
>

> mayf

Did I ever tell you about the time Nancy and I were on the Gold Wing
driving through the Area 51 neighborhood -- and way down the road up
ahead I saw flashing lights, like maybe a cop car?  We kept riding, the
light(s) got closer and closer, and pretty soon sure enough here comes
not one not two but a whole batch of cop cars, the first of which
stopped us and made us get off the road.  There wasn't much of a
shoulder -- the embankment went down about four or five feet, so I told
the guy I'd just stop on the skinny shoulder, but no, we had to move
off farther.

A bunch more cars, then a tractor-trailer rig pulling some giant-ass
weldment about thirty feet wide and thirty feet high and who knows how
the hell long.  Damndest thing -- looked more like an underwater
drilling platform than anything else I could recall, and what the hell
would that be used for out there?  Anyway, it passed, then a bunch more
escort cars, then we could proceed.

Alien ship landing platform, maybe.  Tower to hold a nuclear bomb for
above ground testing?  Maybe.  Gantry for holding a transmitting
antenna to overpower foil helmets?  Hey, that was probably what it was.
   No, I didn't try to sneak a photo with our camera -- i think they
would have frowned on that!

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan