Re: Fuel / Air Flow

To: Jon Wennerberg <jon@infodestruction.com>, Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel / Air Flow
From: "todd" <todd@twinjugs.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 03:14:33 +0000
Although I agree with the reasoning, I disagree with the open container
theory as you are comparing to 100% immediatte usage(simply falling out of
the container), which is well beyond(i would imgine for most engines) that of
the actual requirement of a running engine. I have less then .100" hole with
a 1/8" line om it for a vent, and have never seen a lean reading at high rpm
(8000) in upper gears. Quite the opposite actually(via WB lambda readings)...
although all I have is a very slow 61 cubic inch gravity fed vehicle in
relation. Bench testing versus mathmatical consumption is simple enough to do
to ease your worries though(which is what a dedar friend made me do to ease
mine). I do agree that an excessive hole and line(to some extent), would not
be much of a disadvantage though.
Todd