Vintage class blower

To: "LSR" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Vintage class blower
From: "Mobley-Anderson" <mactem@mebtel.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 18:05:36 -0500
The downloaded, from the LSR.Com website, 2006 rules on VG, VF, VBG, and
VBF, page 113, 7.J.1 states "...For reasons of historical authenticity,
vintage engine modifications are restricted to older technology levels,
so far as is practical.  Accordingly, in classes VF, VG,  VBF, and VBG,
newer technologies, such as EFI, electronic reactive ignition systems,
are not in keeping with the spirit of the Vintage Classes and are not
allowed."   To stay in the "spirit" I would think that any blower system
that was available during the period of time prior to 1956 would be
acceptable, but also "as far as practical" lends itself to opening the
door to more recent innovations (especially safety items). I would check
with the motorcycle board before spending too much time and $ on
anything questionable.
David