Re: Vintage class blower

To: Mobley-Anderson <mactem@mebtel.net>, LSR <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Vintage class blower
From: Dale Krumheuer <dmirror3@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 06:07:07 -0800 (PST)
Aron, your choice of cog belt is a wise decision. Back in the 60/70's  we used
v belts, 2 or 3 at a time to run blowers. The challenge was  finding belts that
were of identical dimensions. More trouble than you  can imagine.
  I didn't see a reference to vintage transmission either.
  Dale Krumheuer
  Cleveland Ohio

Mobley-Anderson <mactem@mebtel.net> wrote:  Aron,  I think you may be right
about the drive belt.  I also think that
if the blower is of a design that was available then it should be
acceptable, but after reading all the logs after the '06 rules came out,
I think everything is open to interpretation and the interpretation that
counts is the governing boards' and/or the tech guys.  For the gearbox I
would go to the new rule clarification statement for rule
7.J.10..."added for consistency to car rules and to maintain the spirit
of vintage racing.".  I looked in the motorcycle rules and the car rules
and found not one statement regarding transmissions/ gearboxes. Maybe
someone else knows of a rule that covers this.  My interpretation of it
is that it is wide open to run what gearbox you brung.  I'm running
vintage production this year but am planning on modified or special
construction next year so I am very interested in how your project plays
out.  Let me know what you're building.  I'll send you pictures once I
start assembling mine.  David

All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher.
Ambrose Bierce

Yahoo! Mail