Re: Vintage class blower

To: "Mobley-Anderson" <mactem@mebtel.net>, "LSR"
Subject: Re: Vintage class blower
From: "atrav" <atrav@copper.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 21:26:23 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mobley-Anderson" <mactem@mebtel.net>

>    To stay in the "spirit" I would think that any blower system
> that was available during the period of time prior to 1956 would be
> acceptable, but also "as far as practical" lends itself to opening the
> door to more recent innovations (especially safety items). I would check
> with the motorcycle board before spending too much time and $ on
> anything questionable.

Thanks David, I figured as much, I'll be emailing the tech guys to make sure.
My problem is that
true vintage blowers like the Shorrock and Marshal units are getting very
pricey, and very worn out.
But, I can get a regular roots type or vane type blower that's new, but still
of a design that
would've existed in the vintage era. I'd like to use a toothed belt too, but I
see in most of the
vintage pictures they used v-belts or chains. I'd say a toothed belt could be a
safety item.
I also want to use a transmission from the sixties, the same as what was used
in the '50's, but the
date code and cover style is mid-sixties. It's a stronger trans, but still
generally the same. I
don't see anything in the rules that say the engine and transmission have to be
the same brand, so
I'm thinking of mixing and matching.
-Aron-