Re: Dust?

To: Wester Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Dust?
From: Jon Wennerberg <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 11:54:47 -0500
On Tuesday, March 7, 2006, at 11:40  AM, Wester Potter wrote:

> After seeing Jon's photos of the bikes as they arrived at the camp at
> Lake Gairdner I was wondering how different that was from the dust at
> el Mirage?  I may have to take a trip to one of the lakes meets just
> to get my questions answered.  I've seen Terry's liner after it had
> been down to el Mirage and I've seen roadsters on the salt that have
> not been cleaned up very well after the lakes meets so I have an
> inkling of what we're seeing in those photos.  I guess what I'm asking
> is how different is the dust in the way it holds on?
>
> Wes

Wes, I saw it too -- and started thinking about how many locations on
the bikes would have dust infiltrated.  Man-o-man, what a mess.  (Note
to self:  If we ever get to go there, be ready to transport in a
hermetically sealed trailer -- and bring lots of parts washer fluid,
too!).

I wonder if the dust got through the stretch-wrap on the Ack Attack
'liner?

And didja notice the price of beers?  6-8 bucks EACH?  I hear that a
bottle of water is $3-4 for 12 oz.  (Second note to self:  Bring own
liquids).

Still, it's good to see the photos and what all the racers deal with in
pursuit of this hobby.  Thanks, Jon, and best wishes to all.

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan
              (that's 'way up north)