Re: Nitrous bottles in the engine bay...

To: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>,
Subject: Re: Nitrous bottles in the engine bay...
From: "Ed Van Scoy" <ed@vetteracing.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 19:43:38 +0000
I agree that there should either be some distance or a firewall betweenbottles
and potential sources of ignition. Since you can't mount thebottle inside the
car, that leaves forward of the cowl or thetrunk. I dont have a trunk (as do
many vehicles) so that leaves onlythe forward area for mounting. The bottles
themselves are notinherently dangerous but keeping the bottle away from
potentialbreaches would only make sense. As Gary described the Aus
incident,that was a disaster waiting to happen.
Ed