RE: Politically uncorrect Certificate of Performance.

To: <Askotto@aol.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Politically uncorrect Certificate of Performance.
From: "Tom Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 14:16:20 -0700
List,

According to the free dictionary...A diaper (NAE) or nappy (CE) is an
absorbent garment worn by individuals who are incontinent, that is lack
control over bladder or bowel movements, or who are unable to reach the
toilet when needed. This group includes primarily infants and young
children, as well as the elderly and the physically challenged.

I am not coming down on anyone, understand that! This is just part of our
present culture that gets me worked up. How quickly we jump to the negative
when words are spoken or written.

There is an English Proverb that says, "Sticks and Stones may break my
bones, but names will never hurt me."

I think we should all be careful not to intentionally demean anyone. But,
how I yearn for the good ole days when no one took offense! I know we live
in a time when everyone wears their feelings on their sleeves, but geez...I
can't keep up with the political correctness of the day.

All of this "super sensitivity" reminds me of attempting to protect your
children from any disappointments in life. When they get in the real world
they are ill equipped to handle adversity. Dealing with problems helps one
to become a problem solver...we should welcome painful experiences to
toughen our hides.

Another quote..."The most valuable thing you can make is a mistake - you
can't learn anything from being perfect."   Adam Osborne quotes (American
entrepreneur, 1939-2003)

I hope you get my point!

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/FCC