Re: Politically uncorrect Certificate of Performance.

To: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Subject: Re: Politically uncorrect Certificate of Performance.
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 17:05:41 -0700
Since I started this dialogue, I'll make one final comment or two, then
I'm done. Saying what  your meaning is for a word, like fuzzy for nappy
is not conveyed from the speaker to the listener. While you may know
what you meant the listener may not. And if this is spoken in some
circle, it may g et you more than knots on your head. I suggest you do
not call any of your black friends or associates Buckwheat, either. That
may get you into serious harm as well. The point of all this is that if
some words and terms are considered injurious to others, why not simply
get rid of them from our vocaubualry? Where I grew up, the "n" word was
used a lot, and I used it probably as often as anyone. But, I have
purged it from my dictionary and would never consider consider using it
to or with anyone. First, it is an insult, second it may get you
literally killed dead. Nappy is in the same league as is Buckwheat.

I'm done.

mayf