RE: Tl1000s LSR project

To: "'Rick Yacoucci'" <turborick@turborick.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tl1000s LSR project
From: "Arch" <arch@bubent.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 08:17:36 -0700
Yes, I'm Denis's inventory manager here at Bub Enterprises. I spend most
Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays working on the BUB streamliner, but Denis
won't let me ride it, for some dumb reason he thinks Chris Carr is more
Qualified (7 time national champ). LOL.
Anyway, having confessed to that; my bike made 100 horse and 64 torque last
time I put it on our dyno. It's pretty much stock except for some backyard
modifications. I think I actually lost some power by gutting the stock cans
but luckily we make exhaust systems here so I'm going to construct some new
cans and see if I get an increase.
I did a lot of thinking last night and I'm starting to think that maybe
handling isn't something I need to worry about until I figure out how to
make the bike go fast. A guy showed up last year on a bone stock TL like
mine and only managed to go 153.343, so I don't have delusions about setting
the world on fire the first time out. My new penciled in plan is to work on
aerodynamics and gearing first and see what the bike will do, then go from
there.

Arch