Re: NOT SO FAST

To: "list answer" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: NOT SO FAST
From: "Pork Pie" <pork.pie@t-online.de>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 00:00:00 -0000
Yup, Glen,

the yellow Chassis Engineering Cummins went a friction faster than Carl Heap
with his Phoenix - but the Cummins and the Phoenix are so different than apple
and pearce.....

What Carl done in August 2003 is for me still out of this world.

You may be know that I was the photographer for Carl and his team, got all his
runs on slides and hundreds of digital picture - four of them I done yesterday
on Landracing.com - this is may be what Jack mention with some nice picture
(thanks Jack).

Anyway, to get this truck up this speed was awesome and it will be a highlight
of my time at salt forever, watching Carl. To my opinion, when Carl was not so
serious ill to this time, he would done the 300 mph, especially if he lost not
on one run a connector on his gas pedal, on this run he was 15 miles faster in
the 2 1/4 as ever before.

In October 2003 I was at Carl's place in Grands Pass, when I brought him the
photo album from his last attempts - 55 picture in size 18 x 12 - there I saw
how ill he was really. He was going Bonneville or Bust in August, he was very
very brave when he set this record under so pain, what a great man.

Pork Pie