Re: Wind Tunnel

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: Re: Wind Tunnel
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 18:59:47 -0700
Oh, I forgot to add something to the other post. If you are going to
test scoops then you need to have a way to extract the air from it just
like it would be doing on the car with the engine sucking the air from
it. So that is going to complicate matters a bit if you want good solid
data regarding hood scoops. And you will want predssure taps inside to
measure pressure recovery, however, the tunnel is only good for 135 mph,
so you wont get much. Lots of data may be lost in the noise at that
speed. Never the less, interesting.

mayf, out in pahrump