Re: Dry Sump Musings

To: Ed Weldon <23.weldon@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Dry Sump Musings
From: Bryan Savage <b.a.savage@wildblue.net>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 12:21:54 -0700
Has anyone noticed that NASCAR engines use 0W-30?

Does anyone (Dave?) knows what is used in IRL and CART engines?

I called Mobile several years ago and asked about the Mobil1 used in F-1.
F-1 uses an expensive special oil. It has a synthetic base that  is $25.00 a
quart
(cost to Mobile) before blending in the additives. It is not sold, it's only
supplied
free to teams they sponsor.

It's amazing what you can see by running with clear plastic return/scavenge
lines
in the garage. A sight gage that allows you to see the oil level in the
crankcase should
not be used without a Doctors OK. It's just plane scary with a stock oil system.

Bryan