Safety devices other than Hans

To: "land-speed submit" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Safety devices other than Hans
From: "3 liter" <saltfever@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 14:20:01 -0700
This thread has kind of run its course but I have not seen anything
mentioned about air-bag-seat-belts. There is a new system being proposed for
the general aviation market. An air-bag is incorporated into the belt
(harness) system.  It looks promising for LSR in the right application.  I
don't know about some lay-down positions but the company should be able to
render an expert opinion.  Hope this helps with further ideas.

Click on the thumbnail on the right side to see the belts.

http://www.aero-news.net/index.cfm?ContentBlockID=33884d12-2f21-4835-adf2-55
7954375c2e

The same system comes with the new Cirrus.

http://www.cirrusdesign.com/aircraft/safety/body.asp

I will be off-grid for the next 2 weeks. Email response will be from nil to
spotty.

  -Elon