Re: OK, lets trash NHRA, Nascar, IRL, Formula 1, etc, anybody

To: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Subject: Re: OK, lets trash NHRA, Nascar, IRL, Formula 1, etc, anybody
From: Askotto@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 18:29:31 EDT
So I would like to hear from all the "hate everything but LSR" racers out
there. Tell me how you would have run NHRA or Nascar if you were at the
steering
 wheel? Come on, lets hear it!

Lay out some rules for me!

Let anything go except for basic safety rules? Run what you brung and  hope
you brung enough?  That's exactically the way both organizations  started!!!
You remember what it was like. I'm a gray beard myself and lived  through it in
NHRA and on Nascar dirt tracks in the 50's thru today and I saw  what changed
it.

They didn't change it just to attract sponsors. Sponsors changed it all to
attract customers off track!!! Don't blame NHRA or Nascar!!!!!!!! It's good old
 American greed that caused it all.

I ask you again. Would you or have you even accepted oil/parts/money from
any sponsors in exchange that you put their decal or name on your LSR??? If you

say "sure", YOU are guilty of EXACTICALLY the same thing as the sports you
condemn, only you ain't worth as much.

It's monetarily smaller because nobody cares about LSR except the racers  and
crews them selves.

The same thing is actually happening to LSR, it's just taking longer, is on
a smaller scale and nobody but me seems to realize it's happening. Toyota,
GM, and other huge company's are already quietly sinking their teeth into LSR.

They will without a doubt set records that will be far beyond the  grass
roots racers like you all claim to be. Kiss the records goodbye, slowly  but
surely. Here come the big boys, like it or not.

You want to walk the walk? Refuse any sponsorship and give  anything back you
already got. Wipe all those company logo's and names off  your cars. Be
independent like you claim. Outlaw any sponsorship, corporate or  otherwise.
Keep
it small! Keep the good ol boys club alive and well. If you  don't, you will be
left in the dust just like small NHRA and Nascar guys  were.

Sounds absurd doesn't it? BUT. Let me ask you this.

Every year are there more and more racers in LSR? No question the lines are
getting longer every year, agreed?

Every year do you see more and more highly sponsored cars with corporate
backing? Undeniably yes!

Do these highly sponsored cars hold any records the small independent guy
held before?

Bingo!

OK, now I want to hear how you would have run NHRA and Nascar.

Otto
The outcast