Re: As long as we're on electrical cut off switchs...

To: bennevl@bellsouth.net
Subject: Re: As long as we're on electrical cut off switchs...
From: Askotto@aol.com
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 18:08:34 EDT
In a message dated 7/15/2006 3:44:25 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
bennevl@bellsouth.net writes:

I maybe  wrong on this, but that's nothing new for me. Since he is running a
Mag  ignition, I would think he would need a cut off  with 2 sets  of
contacts. One for his electrical system and one for the  mag.
Bill

Hi Bill

My mag kill switch is the typical heavy duty battery disconnect  that goes to
ground. Only has one pole.

In the spirit of the rule, I assume one reason for the exterior kill switch
is to kill the engine but I didn't see anything in the rules where Mag
ignitions need exterior cut offs, just a master battery disconnect switch.

Food for thought for the guys running alternators. You must also disable  the
alternator lead to kill the engine. Taking the battery out of the circuit
may not kill the engine.

Battery disconnect switch's are available that have an extra contact  to kill
the alternator too.

Otto