Re: Hudson Hornet and Hudson Wasp

To: speedtimer@charter.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hudson Hornet and Hudson Wasp
From: BWANA343@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 15:18:01 EDT
In a message dated 7/21/2006 1:52:03 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
speedtimer@charter.net writes:

I have  two of them wrenches and a box full of jets.

Jets ! That's the word ! Hudson had a small car, the Jet, option was a  "twin
H Power" engine with Hydramatic. Engine was tremendously under rated HP
wise, and consequently held the NHRA  I/SA record well into the 60's. Used  to
drive all the later model lower class guys crazy, getting stomped by a  "L" or
as
we generically called them, A Flathead.....
Bob W