Re: news to me.

To: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Subject: Re: news to me.
From: Bryan Savage <b.a.savage@wildblue.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 10:45:38 -0700
Mayf,

I spent several hours in their pits talking to Ron Ayres about dust/salt
in the air under that a car that must be accelerated while a car goes
down the course. It creates a lot more drag than anyone would believe
until you look at his numbers.

What I saw was familiar. One excellent engine management programmer
with no first hand knowledge of turbo diesels and an expert in turbo diesels
who knew nothing about programming trying to communicate. When
they had educated each other enough, the solution was obvious.
That's SOP in any multidisciplinary development project as you know.

I expect them to set an FIA record this week close to 400mph,
possibly over 400 depending on salt conditions. This is if
they can find 13 miles of usable salt.

drmayf wrote:
                                            The JCB folk litterally messed
around all