JCB this, JCB that... I'm tired of it!

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: JCB this, JCB that... I'm tired of it!
From: Askotto@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 13:48:29 EDT
Everybody knew JCB was coming. The pre race publicity was like no other car
at the salt. Everybody saw the JCB liner run. How could you miss their push
vehicle!!!  Everybody was amazed by the JCB statement of excess money.  Yellow
Helicopter, an ultralight aircraft buzzing the area all weekend long, two
fully equipped semi trailers, support vehicles too many to mention, the largest

push vehicle in Bonneville history, the largest crew anybody's seen on the
salt,  the list goes on and on. Cool beans, they set a record. They should have
with  all the cash spent for a CAD designed car and probably a "CAD designed
crew".

I don't know about anybody else but I looked at what they were doing and
just shook my head. Did they need a huge overkill push vehicle? No, they were
"showing off", every step of the way. They were here to show us Yanks how it
should be done, according to them. 11 million for a record that many of you
have achieved with personal ingenuity, not a team of highly paid engineers with

computer support and very little funding in comparison.

Did I respect their efforts? No at all. I thought they were a joke, an
expensive one. Did I respect what the "normal" LSR racer was doing? You bet!!!
That's what LSR is all about.

Otto