Re: JCB this, JCB that... I'm tired of it!

To: <Askotto@aol.com>, <BWANA343@aol.com>
Subject: Re: JCB this, JCB that... I'm tired of it!
From: "Ed Weldon" <23.weldon@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 16:58:22 -0700
Otto---you asked----- (The target you've thrown up is in my
crosshairs)........Here's my 4 cents...........
ANS.#1......That if we work hard enough at discouraging really ambitious
(read "expensive") LSR efforts we can morph into DSLSR (Door slammer land
speed racing)
ANS.#2.......That maybe if JCB still feels welcome in our subculture they
may catalyze the development of a new source of high speed tires we can use.
ANS.#3.......That a big corporate effort can be successful in the long run,
especially if the top brass really digs landspeed racing.
ANS.#4........And most importantly that our sport can be better for the
participation of such large team operations in LSR events.  There is much
they can contribute.

I have a lot of confidence in the organization of the SCTA and the people
who make up the landspeed racing community in general.  We're not likely to
sit by and let any big commercial interest bully their way in.  NHRA or
Nascar could come out anytime they want and rent the Salt for a week to put
on a meet.  You'll notice they haven't done that.............
Ed Weldon