Re: Carr runs big numbers?

To: "Ed Weldon" <23.weldon@comcast.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Carr runs big numbers?
From: "Glen Barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 20:51:37 -0600
Ed
Each association has it's own rules, it's not that easy to make everyone
comply to SCTA/BNI requirements. While the license program is necessary some
other associations may not feel they are required at their venue.

High speeds require a lot of attention and driver savvy. I don't think you
will see many jumping into a 200 or 300 MPH plus vehicle with out seat time
and a lot of direction from the people overseeing the event.

The timing stand is notified of all license upgrades and we report back to
the starters so the license can be signed off or denied. I know most of this
goes un noticed by the general spectator but they are observed during the up
grade runs.

SCTA has the long term experience and as we run more then any other venue I
think we have a good handle on the license program at all of our events.

Glen