Technical question, not strictly LSR related

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Technical question, not strictly LSR related
From: jthorn65@sbcglobal.net
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 17:18:22 -0500
Has anyone ever installed fuel injector boss' in a head rather than the intake
manifold?
I don't mean to inject directly into the combustion chamber but rather in the
intake port on a head with a
particularly long and contorted passage.
Would the injector get too hot? If installed so it penetrated the cooling
jacket, and was obviously water tight,
would that provide enough cooling or would it simply heat soak the injector and
cause it to fail prematurely?
Any insight is greatly appreciated.
Since this is very much a do-it-yourself group I figure someone here has at
least contemplated doing this and
either rejected it for some reason or tried to make a go of it.
Thanks.

John Thornton