Re: The Burklands car

To: Scott Cowle <SCowle@mentorcollege.edu>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The Burklands car
From: James Tone <gmc6power@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 07:49:11 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
Donavans were very popular at the drags years ago. They are a copy ogf the 392.
A Donavan sleave can probably be pulled out in a few minutes with a sliding
hammer. I don't know whether these blocks are of the water type but I suspect
they are. This will mean a sealant is probably used along with the pressure of
being held by the cylinder head. Many have just about anything to make passes
at the salt.. Especially when the stakes are this high and this opportunity
does not come along very often...I wish them luck