Re: "M" Motor

To: 3 liter <saltfever@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: "M" Motor
From: James Tone <gmc6power@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 08:54:33 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
It was the engine designation given to a midget motor instead of a cubic inch
limit.  Since it's inception the 2 sizes of engines allowed fit in "F"  but
were under the limit and if we said "F" we would see larger cubic inch engines
than the people set the class up did not want. Vintage Oval Track just took on
the "X" class engines with the acception of the Offy's

If it pleases you I could save approximately the time to hit he M/ on my
computer in making the tags and certs I could also make it M/VOT which takes
away an "M" also but someone would probably put a midget motor in a VOT and
want a record.......

We pay no extra for the additional letter or back slash in this designation. I
get them for a flat amount for each.