"M" motor

To: "'land-speed submit'" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: "M" motor
From: "3 liter" <saltfever@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 12:33:36 -0700
Dan and James I appreciate your response.  In the rule book page 54 there is
no "M" motor designation. The only designation for a midget is MVOT which is
the car 'class'. No motor is specified. I guess you are both saying because
it is a midget it is understood to be one kind of a motor. That would be the
only class in the rule book without a motor designation.  I remember midgets
with various motors like, Daimler hemi V-8, flathead V-8 60s, Offys, etc.
Shouldn't the MVOT class have a motor type?  I understand the MVOT class is
different from the VOT class. These are CLASS descriptions and not motor
types. Conceivably, a midget could have all of the motor types listed in the
VOT class only smaller in cubic inch size. I have seen midgets with every
one of the VOT type motors through the years. There is also a midget "in the
works" and SCTA approved, that might appear with a mini Ardun!

  -Elon