RE: "M" motor

To: "'James Tone'" <gmc6power@earthlink.net>,
Subject: RE: "M" motor
From: "3 liter" <saltfever@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 14:03:46 -0700
James, I'm not talking about the Sesco's. etc. All the 'types' of motors in
the VOT class have also run in midgets. The only difference for midgets is
the cu.in. size. Example, a V-8 60 is a flathead XF motor. A midget Offy is
an XXO motor a mini-Ardun a XXF, etc.  You are saying everything is a "M"
motor with the only difference being the restriction of an overhead (125
CID) and a flathead (150 CID). I think I get it. The Offy, mini-Ardun,
Daimler, and Miller all run against each other as an "M". No? The confusing
thing is the V-8 60 is also an "M" even though it is a larger size. From the
record you will not be able to tell if it is an Offy or a V8-60.  -Elon