Re: Be jealous - non-LSR

To: jon@infodestruction.com
Subject: Re: Be jealous - non-LSR
From: Askotto@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 13:03:16 EST
In a message dated 11/7/2006 10:44:52 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,
jon@infodestruction.com writes:

Sometimes we have to do stuff in the line of work -- that we night not
otherwise do.  I just had to/got to move a few vehicles around in our
storage barn, and dang it if that '66 427 'Vette didn't need moving
around.  So we drew straws as to who'd get that chore -- and (since  I'm
the boss and I got to put the straws into the hat) I came out the
winner.

I didn't go play around on the highway, but it was  tempting. . .

Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
Marquette, Michigan
(that's 'way up north)

PS   Interesting note:  The clutch on that car has a harder push than on
my '54 Oshkosh plow truck.  How'd anyone ever drive those Corvettes  in
traffic?

I had one of those beasts back in the day!!! The clutch pedal felt like it
was stuck it was so hard to push. My left leg would get to shaking if I had to
hold it in for more than 10 seconds or so. I'd bump it into neutral coming up
to  a stop light then slap it in gear just before I took off. That was before
the  days of Centerforce clutch's. Ahhhh, the good old days!

Otto