Re: Favorite Tools (vaguely LSR)

To: Land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Favorite Tools (vaguely LSR)
From: john.szalay@att.net (John Szalay)
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 14:06:21 +0000
Before I retired:

 Laserdyne Beamdirector 890   2000 watt,  5axis CNC laser.
 cut, weld, heat-treat almost anything..
they just sold the machine to an Ohio company for $120,000 , when the shop
closed-up in Sept
we paid $625,000 for it new
that machine paid for itself within the first 6 months we had it..

watch this video, and you'll see why I liked working with this thing..
BTW: that table is moveable, so, there was enough room under the
gantry for a car or truck, to fit in to be machined.

http://www.alspi.com/5axis.htm

http://www.alspi.com/videos(5axis).htm

-------------- Original message from Bobbyhotrods@comcast.net: --------------