Favorite Tools (Vaguely LSR)

To: "land-speed submit" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Favorite Tools (Vaguely LSR)
From: "3 liter" <saltfever@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 00:05:07 -0800
I welded a 3/8 dia bar about 20 long to a round flange that has the same
bolt pattern as the cam gear face. I bolt the handle onto the cam and have
perfect leverage when sliding it into the block and dont nick any of the
bearings with the lobes.  When the cam is almost all the way in you still
have 2 ft of bar to hold onto. I love my rod-vise. A couple of pieces of 1
square bar stock hold the big end tight when I torque the caps for a bearing
measurement. I modified a hub of an old (loose) crank dampener and welded a
socket to it so the = drive is facing out. Just slip it on the crank (with
the key) and you now have a = drive to turn the engine over all those times
during assembly, before it is finally buttoned up with a crank bolt.  -Elon