Re: Favorite Tools (Vaguely LSR)

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Favorite Tools (Vaguely LSR)
From: "Ed Weldon" <23.weldon@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 08:05:56 -0800
Worth mentioning and at the top of my list are my Craftsman sockets and open
end-box wrenches that date from the 1950's.
They are about as thin walled as any.  I think they used better steel
forging alloys than they do now.  In recent years I've filled out my sets by
digging through the piles of tools the local flea market tool guys bring.
But the old "lean and tough" Craftsman tools are getting pretty hard to find
anymore.
A few years ago the ball detent under the head of my old craftsman 1/2"
drive breaker bar quit working.  Took it to the Sears store to get an
exchange.....After looking at the replacement with it's "on steroids" design
I decided to keep the old one.  So much for their lifetime guarantee.
Ed Weldon