Re: Hazard warning lights...

To: "Jon Wennerberg" <jon@infodestruction.com>
Subject: Re: Hazard warning lights...
From: "Ed Weldon" <23.weldon@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 11:00:32 -0800
Jon--I wonder if a computational approach using the mathematical techniques of
dead reconing navigation would be a reasonable substitute if a practical way
of introducing actual speed over ground numbers could be found?  Like you're
going pretty much in a straight line and at least for a while are guided by
the black lines (or maybe my idea of a baloons).  The virtual mile markers
don't need to be anywhere near as accurate as as timing lights.  As for
staying in between the black lines?  You're right.  That doesn't seem
practical with today's GPS.
Oh yeah.......I come from the car side.  I'm not sure how any of my ideas
would fit the bike situation.  It's not like you guys have room for a lot of
electronic gee-gaws.
Ed