Re: High tech question..

To: Skip Higginbotham <saltrat@pahrump.com>
Subject: Re: High tech question..
From: Jon Wennerberg <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 12:23:27 -0500
On Jan 11, 2007, at 12:20 PM, Skip Higginbotham wrote:

You might put it in a pan of water with a thermometer and heat the
water and watch?
Skip

Skip, I think he wanted a high-tech solution to the problem.  Your
suggested method is what my dad taught me some fifty years ago -- not
nearly high falutin' enough for the good Mayf.

But, if memory serves, since the water temperature increases
relatively slowly as the stove heats the pan -- you might consider
heating the water to nearly boiling and then dunk the thermostat --
and watch to see if the valve opens in a snap or slowly.  Use carbon
fiber thread to attach the thermostat to your hand (instead of kite
string) and at least you'll be able to consider the experiment sort
of high-tech.

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan