Re: High tech question..

To: Askotto@aol.com
Subject: Re: High tech question..
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 14:32:21 -0800
Otto, all, this trying to figure out the heating rate for the motor and
tank is a knotty problem.  Because there is copnvected heat flow from
the motor, radiated heat flom from the motor, ditto for the tank and all
the plumbing. What I am trying to do ic come up with a kind of rule of
thumb so thoise who may be considering such the notion of radiator in a
water tank, have some fairly good idea of what they need. Maybe based on
hp, motor size, etc. So the thermostat question was one to help me focus
on the *how* the block and water heats. More later,

thanks fo replying and that's for everybody...

mayf