Re: Rooms

To: saltracer@awwwsome.com
Subject: Re: Rooms
From: Askotto@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 18:13:42 EST
In a message dated 1/11/2007 10:10:15 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,
saltracer@awwwsome.com writes:

Yes, it  is illegal. It's called discrimination. If you own an establishment
that  sells to the public you must accept all, unless your establishment  is
otherwise regulated. For instance a bar doesn't have to serve  someone
already inebriated or they can refuse service to someone under the  legal age

They cannot alter the rates or the number of rooms  available.

Bob Denton

Hi Bob

Actually a business owner has the option of who they have as customers. I
ran business and we had a sign on the wall that said we reserve the right to
refuse service to anybody.
If we had a sign that said we don't serve Blacks or Asians, etc, that would
be another deal. Discrimination.

I had a customer who went to a lawyer when we refused him as a customer and
his lawyer told him it was perfectly legal.

Also Hotels and motels have the legal right to jump rates when ever they
want. Something about supply and demand. You don't like their price, go next
door. It will be raised too. Just like the gas prices when the Hurricane  hit.

They got us by the short hairs and we can't do anything, except camp for
free at the bend like I do!

Otto