Re: Water Tank Plumbing Qs

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Water Tank Plumbing Qs
From: "Ed Weldon" <23.weldon@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 09:07:46 -0800
Mayf--  My take on this--
I wouldn't put a tank of anything hot, flammable, corrosive (batteries) or
containing substantial stored energy like a CO2 bottle in the same
compartment with the driver.  To me if there's a 1/4" hole between the place
where the tank is and the place where the driver is; then its the same
compartment.
And I'd want to be pretty sure any other tank (like driver cooling water or
fire bottles) was anchored down so as not to threaten the driver's safety
against the g's, shock loads and structural deformations of worst crash
situation.
Ed Weldon