Re: AN Fittings

To: James Tone <gmc6power@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: AN Fittings
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 13:11:34 -0800
James, that is the sensible thing to do. However, according to the rule
book you are wrong to do so. It specifically states that metal clamps
MUST be used. And that sets up a dichotomy> Theinspoector over int he
next bay does it according to the rule book and that contestant (me) has
to go and get a box full of clamps to pass wile you comtestant did not.
The rules have to be evenly applied else there is no rule. And yes, inmy
case I have a very nice three ring with lots of photos in it.  I did not
have the manufacturers spec sheet on my connectors because ther are no
instructions that say if you get into a disagreement with an inspector
just show him the mfg spec sheets and he will be quiet.  In my case the
inspector agreed with you only to have the chief inspector over rule him
and cause the clamps to be installed. The bottom line though is that in
this case the rule is applied differently by different inspectors.

mayf, way offff and far out in the cold cold pahrump