AN Fittings

To: Land-speed@Autox.team.net
Subject: AN Fittings
From: James Tone <gmc6power@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 10:51:47 -0800 (GMT-08:00)
Been trying to reply I hope this goes out.

As an inspector I have always accepted the "blue" hose with the proper
AN push-on barb style connect as available from Earls, XRP, Areo-quip, etc on
water
and oil systems. I use them myself and have for 20 years.

If you choose to use them, my advice is to request a spec sheet from the
manufacturer
stating it's useable pressure (remember it goes down with larger size). Place
the spec sheet in the 3-ring binder where you keep your log book. YOU DO KEEP
YOUR
LOG BOOK IN A 3-RING BINDER DON'T YOU?  Along with you BNI membership card,
BNI license, pictures of hard to see safety items, construction pics, fire
extinguisher
reciepts, etc.

Don't get in a pissing match with the inspector just show him the specs and
I'm sure it will be worked out.

PS: XRP has "black"

>Subject: AN fittings
>
>AN fittings have always been exempted from the clamp rule. The clamp/braided
hose rule refers to hose that is NOT using AN fittings.