Re: Bad TIG bubbles

To: joetimney@dol.net, atrav@copper.net
Subject: Re: Bad TIG bubbles
From: "Doug Anderson" <boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 03:17:29 +0000
      Hey!  you stole my answer Joe!       LOL!

           VG definition Joey...    hey, how you anyway?

            cheers, "Dirt Track Doug"   in So. New Yawk,

From: Joe Timney <joetimney@dol.net>
To: atrav <atrav@copper.net>
CC: LSR list <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 09:38:17 -0500

Aron,

My best guess is a piece of steel with a high carbon spot. This is not
uncommon today with cheap off-shore material. The same thing can happen when
using non-DOM tubing ( electric resistance welded) when you weld over the
joining spot in the tubing. It would be best to trash the bracket. If you
can make a sleeve to cover the frame because the spot you welded to is
contaminated and will not weld very well no matter how much you grind it
out. As a LAST resort, you could use SS rod BUT it a brittle joint!!!

Been there!!!

Good Luck,  joe

http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwme0020000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://imagine-msn.com/messenger/launch80/default.aspx?locale=en-us&source=hmtagline