Record setting... / Vs blowing away someone's record.

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Record setting... / Vs blowing away someone's record.
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 21:49:36 -0500
Otto... your acting like Dick took something from me that wasn't really
mine... Records are on loan... while your technology is good and your junk
runs well... you get to hold or set a record with it... but it's always
fleeting... it's just the "current" record until someone else surpasses it
with better technology or a better set up... weather whatever....

For me there isn't anything personal about it... I do the best I can... every
time... or try to.  Sometimes situations leave records lower then your  actual
performance capability, Like when you run the wrong gear or have a brain fart
on the course...  it's all simply stuff... it's the best you could do that
day.

For bragging rights... if Dick re-sets the AA/CGALT record at Bonneville He'll
be beating a dead stock crate motor on event gas... ( in a fairly well sorted
out race car )... he'll run faster then 246.011mph and deserve that record....
He's bringing a serious well built motor with the same trans and our shared
aero mods to the car...  I'll be the first to congratulate him...  He'll
deserve it and have worked his ass off to get there.

Keith