Re: [Land-speed] TOE IN

To: ddahlgren@snet.net, 'Keith Turk' <kturk@ala.net>,
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] TOE IN
From: dan warner <dwarner230@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 08:46:52 -0700 (PDT)
I've been involved with a couple of streamliners where the front wheels are in
the inline configuration. Rich Manchen will build in the Ackerman. The short
tread dimension will cause the outside front wheel to lift without it.

  DW

ddahlgren@snet.net wrote:
  Be careful putting one tire straight if your front suspention has
ackerman in the steering. ( the inside front wheel turns more than the
outside front wheel in a corner. Then it is much safer to set the wheels
so the gap measurement is the same or close to it on both sudes to get a
more accurate measurment. Normally you would not need any ackerman in a
race car for LSR as there is no intentional cornering at anything over 5
or 10 mph..
Dave