Re: [Land-speed] Tires,Mileage,etc/non LSR ?

To: Ed Van Scoy <ed@vetteracing.com>, land-speed submit
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Tires,Mileage,etc/non LSR ?
From: Jon Wennerberg <jonwennerberg@nancyandjon.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 16:18:53 -0400
On Jul 21, 2008, at 4:11 PM, Ed Van Scoy wrote:
  I didn't understand the
author'sassertion that diesels do not hqve a throttle... unless he is
usingit
in a different context than I - as a means of regulatingengine speed.
Ed

----

Well, maybe he meant that they don't have a butterfly in the venturi
-- no throttle plate, so to speak.

And, Ed -- if your mileage computer shows lower than real life --
that only adds fuel to the discussion that the things aren't all that
accurate.  I don't read the gallons used readout too much -- save
that I've learned to watch the gauge carefully when it's getting
low.  If the low-fuel light comes on and the doing-doing thing makes
it's sound -- Nancy goes into panic mode that we're about to run out
of fuel and be stranded in the middle of BF Egypt.  I try to have the
"miles left 'til we're on fumes" number ready to respond to her fears!

Jon , tall guy with moustache
and two 200 MPH Club hats