[Land-speed] Preventing Salt Damage & Rust>From>JGMagoo

To: land-speed@autox.team.net (land-speed-digest)
Subject: [Land-speed] Preventing Salt Damage & Rust>From>JGMagoo
From: jgmagoo@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 23:15:42 +0000
Hi All,

We're coming to Speedweek and driving a couple of antique vehicles. (One is a
1932 Ford 3-W coupe that was a 'barn find' and still has the original paint,
etc.).

What are you guys recommendations for preparing these vehicles for driving on
the salt before we arrive,  and also what are the recommendations for the
clean-up process to prevent damage from rust and salt corrosion after we get
home.

All suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

JGMagoo
Silverthorne, Colorado