Re: [Land-speed] Preventing Salt Damage & Rust>From>JGMagoo

To: land-speed-digest <land-speed@autox.team.net>, jgmagoo@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Preventing Salt Damage & Rust>From>JGMagoo
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 16:53:57 -0700 (PDT)
Get some "Salt-X".  Spray the bottom of the car profusely before you go on the
salt.  When you leave the salt, go to the first car wash you can find, be
ready to get wet, and just lay down with the high pressure wash and was the
bottom of the car for as many quarters as you can afford.  spray the entire
bottom with Salt-X again.  When you get to the next car was, do the under car
wash again.  Repeat this four or five times every hundred miles or so.  I
still had chunks of salt falling out of the bottom of my truck in El Paso
after five car wash trips, but finally got all of the salt out by the time I
made it the fifteen hundred miles back home.  Repeated under car washes is the
answer. I had the guys with the portable pressure wash hit if first when
leaving the salt at the bend in the road, then I did it again in Wendover,
then three times in Salt Lake City, once in Flagstaff, once in Roswell, again
in El Paso. When I got home, I parked the
 truck over a lawn sprinkler for a day.

I'm serious.  It worked, I still ended up with a little salt-induced rust
around one bumper bolt!

Dick J
In East Texas