Re: [Land-speed] Preventing Salt Damage & Rust>From>JGMagoo

To: <jgmagoo@comcast.net>, "land-speed-digest"
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Preventing Salt Damage & Rust>From>JGMagoo
From: "Tom Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 09:56:55 -0700 (Pacific Standard Time)
JGMagoo,

Quiet frankly, I would never drive a vehicle like that onto the salt if I
could avoid it. Especially it there is standing water to go through. It will
never be the same regardless of efforts to clean it up. Salt will get into
places you never will access with clean up, short of an off-frame
restoration. (Maybe I am just envious that you have an original '32 and I
don't!)

You could park it at the end of the access road and catch a ride to the pits

Tom, Redding CA #216 D/FCC

faint_grain.jpg]

cat_side_en.gif]