Re: [Land-speed] YAW Control

To: joseph lance <jolylance@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] YAW Control
From: Bryan Savage <b.a.savage@wildblue.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 20:46:58 -0800
Good questions folks.

My first step would be to learn exactly what excessive yaw is and what
leads up to it.

To me, I see excessive yaw as when the driver has  to lift or it's too
distracting to the
driver. This, of course is driver dependent.  I believe if I can't set a
car up so that it
doesn't threaten the driver all of the time, I should be painting my house.

Monitoring wheel rpm and vertical G's in addition to yaw rate may
produce data that
would enable determining the precursors to excessive yaw. This should
allow a small
weight, properly controlled, to do the job.

Wouldn't it be nice to talk to some of the folks who worked on F-1
computerized
suspension back in the early 80's?

Interesting subject Mayf, thanks,
Bryan