Re: [Land-speed] Bellhousing

To: tom sarda <sardatech@yahoo.com>, land-speed@autox.team.net, Keith
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Bellhousing
From: Rich Fox <v4gmr@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 10:21:13 -0700 (PDT)
Back when I had an early long bellhousing '51 Chrysler I bought an Offy
adapter plate that allow a Saginaw Chevy trans to bolt to the Chrysler It came
with a spud that you pressed into the crank where the pilot bearing would go
and stuck out the back containing the pilot bearing at the correct depth. I
still have one from Offy and one home made one. Even the top loader/Packard
deal required the bushing be moved back about 1/2 inch from where Packard had
it. But still in the crank. With a spacer I made and pictured in the BRN.