Re: [Land-speed] Steam Car Challenge

To: speedtimer@beyondbb.com, LSR <land-speed@autox.team.net>, drmayf@mayfco.com
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Steam Car Challenge
From: James Tone <gmc6power@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 08:33:55 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
Not that it is any of my business but every time some speed attempt is tried
and spectators or media see Mike Cook and his company they just "assume" SCTA.
Perhaps some are wearing SCTA or BNI clothing or gear I don't know. For sure
there are always 200 MPH club red and blue hats or maroon hats being worn by
someone.

Many are familiar with the Rice Brothers also which again leads to the SCTA
even though the Cooks hire them just as the SCTA and BNI do. There are always
these assumptions. The SCTA and BNI have earned very high respect/credibility
within the land speed community and as we all know put on their own specific
events.

I believe Mr Cook and his organization are filling a void just a USAC, Auto
Club, and others have done in the past. I also belive they also inform people
using their services of what they are doing and none of it will be reflected in
the SCTA/BNI record books. It's too bad thhese assumptions are made and the
current SCTA leaders need to write letters to inform the uninformed. I
dfinately agree with Glen note; too bad others don't see it.